Ohh!!! So you have just bought the Echo Show, that’s really very amazing. Today, Echo Show is one of the best and smart devices. The reason why all the Echo series is so popular is just because of its voice assistant Alexa. You can now control many things but before that, you need to know How To Setup Echo Show.
We know that you have searched the whole web to know How to Setup an Echo Show. Don’t worry, just follow this guide and you will know the answers to your questions.
Are you ready or a little worried? You can also take help from our technicians who are eagerly waiting for your phone call.
Requirements For How To Setup Echo Show
Before we proceed to tell you how to setup echo show to Alexa App, let us tell you the basic requirements.
- PC/Mac Desktop/Laptop or Smartphone/Tablet
- Internet Service
- An Amazon Account (Preferably Prime)
- Internet Router with Wi-Fi capability
Basic Methods How to Setup Alexa
- First, you have to download the Alexa app to your device. You can easily download the app from the Amazon store, play store, or app store. Or else, download the app directly from the official website of Amazon from safari, chrome, Microsoft edge, firefox, internet explorer 10 or above version.
- Once you will download the Alexa app, you have to find the perfect spot now for your Echo device. Make sure that you will place the device near the router and eight inches away from the wall.
- Connect the power adapter with the device and turn the device ON.
- Once you will connect the device perfectly with the power source, you will hear the sound that the Echo device is ready to set up.
- After this, you have to do the following things:
- Select your preferred language
- Connect the Echo Show with your network with the correct password
- Confirm the Time Zone
- Log into your Amazon account with your Amazon id and password.
- Confirm the terms and the conditions of your Echo device to proceed further
- In case there is any firmware update available for you then update your device. You will get the message on the screen that there is an update that is available. Wait until you will not see that your firmware has been updated completely.
After You Know How to Setup an Echo Show 5
Soon after you will follow all the steps that we have told you. Use the voice recognition and touchscreen of the device to start using your Alexa Echo Show.
You just have to say the wake word of your device and Alexa will start to respond to you back. Once the Alexa will respond back to your command it means that you know now How To Setup Echo Show.
If you want then you can change the wake word also from the Alexa app.
- Open the Alexa app and then go to the settings options.
- Open the “devices option”
- Click on the “wake word”
- You can change the wake word to AMAZON, ECHO, and COMPUTER
How Do you use Alexa Echo Show?
Don’t worry, it is really very easy to use your Echo device. You will feel like you are operating a smartphone.
- To change the wake word, open the setting and then select “echo Show” as your device. Scroll down and open the option of “wake word”
- After connecting your device with the good speed of internet connection, you can say the wake word. Alexa will start hearing your command.
- Make sure that you talk with Alexa in your natural one so that she will be comfortable with your tone.
- While using the Echo Show by touching the screen, follow the same pattern as you were used while using the smartphone or tablet.
- In case you are not at your home, you can even control your Echo device via your smartphone or tablet.
How To Make A Video Call On Echo Show?
We have already told you How To Setup Echo Show, now it’s time to tell you how you can make a video call.
To make a video call on the Echo Show, both of you should have the Echo Show and Alexa apps installed on your device.
Open the Echo show and then click on the screen icon. That person should be on your contact list. Say, “Alexa, call(contact name)” and Alexa will start the video call. Before making the call make sure that you have connected with the high speed of internet connection.
How to add contacts to the echo show?
It’s really necessary to add the contact into your phone list to make a video call via Echo Show. if you don’t know how to add a contact to the Echo Show, just follow the steps that we have provided below:
- First, you have to open the Alexa app
- Open communicate
- Select the icon of “contact”
- Now, you have to select the menu icon
- Click on Add the contact
- Enter the name and the phone number
- Click on Save
To make a call you just have to say the name of the contact and Echo will start making the call after confirmation.
Play Music And A Lot More
You can take the benefit of the Amazon Echo Show in numerous ways that we can’t even tell you. If you want then play music on your device, just say the wake word and tell the type of music you want to listen to.
You can also raise up and down the volume or change the song verbally. This is nothing but it can be said that Echo Show is an ocean. Yes, more and more you will use your device, you will explore more and more features.
Want To Know More About Echo Show?
You were Need to setup instructions for Setup Alexa echo and we have told you How To Setup Echo Show. In addition to that, we have also told you a variety of information that may help you.
If you are using the Echo for the first time, it may be hard for you to operate it. Hence, save our given toll-free number in your phonebook. At the time when you feel like you have stuck somewhere, just call us anytime you want.
The dedicated team of technicians that we have is willing to help you.