To Setup Alexa Echo Wifi you need a good speed internet connection, Alexa app on your smartphone, and an Alexa-enabled device. You just need to fulfill the given requirements and then follow this amazing guide.
Alexa is a very smart and quick voice-assistant device. You can’t enjoy this amazing device until you will not connect it to wifi. In this article, we will let you know how to setup WiFi on Alexa Dot for the first time.
We hope that you are excited enough to proceed further.
How To Setup Alexa Echo Wifi Device?
Some of the main requirements to do Alexa Echo Spot WiFi Setup are as follows:
- Download the Alexa app to your smartphone.
- Alexa-enabled device
- Good speed internet connection.
- We hope that you have downloaded the Alexa app to your smartphone. If not then open the play store or app store, search there for the Alexa app and download the app.
- Open the app and enter the amazon credentials i.e email id and password.
- Click on the “set started” button.
- Select the name of the Alexa-enabled device that belongs to you. Or else, you can select the option of I’m someone else”.
- Enter the correct name that belongs to you.
- Amazon will then ask you to give permission to get access to your contacts and send you notifications.
- In the upper right corner, click on the three horizontal lines and select the “Alexa menu button”.
- Once you will see the drop-down menu, choose the option of “settings”.
- Click on the button “add new device”. Just a few more steps and you will complete the Setup AlexaEcho Wifi.
- From the list provided there, choose the Echo device that belongs to you.
- Choose the model that you want to set up like Echo Dot or second-generation etc.
- Now, plug your Echo device into the power outlet and wait for a while. Once you will be signified, you can proceed further to Connect Alexa To Wifi. Let us tell you that you will be signified with the orange light on the top of the ring.
- You are ready to Setup Alexa Echo Wifi by now.
A Few More Steps Now
- Click on the “continue” tab now.
- It depends on the device that it sometimes can ask you to connect through the smartphone wireless setting. To complete this process, you just need to follow all the on-screen instructions. Once you will find that the smartphone network has been connected properly, you will be notified through the notification.
- Once you will be connected, the app will get you to the next screen.
- Now, you will see the confirmation notification that this device has been connected to (device name).
- Click on continue to complete Alexa Setup WiFi.
- Soon after you will do that, you will see a list of networks available on your screen. Choose the one that you want your Echo device connected to. Enter the right password.
- If you will do each and everything in the perfect manner, you will be notified that your device is online now.
- This is how you can easily complete the Setup Alexa Echo Wifi.
How To Connect Alexa-Enable Device With The New Network?
If you have recently changed the wifi network and now you want to connect an Alexa-enabled device to a new network. In this case, you need to follow the methods that have been provided below:
- Click on the Menu button
- Select the option of “settings”.
- Tap on the option of “device settings”.
- After doing this, you need to choose the Echo device you want to change the wifi for.
- Click on the “change” and then tap on the “wifi network” to Connect Amazon Echo to WiFi.
- Follow all the onscreen instructions to connect the phone to the device. When the smartphone will be connected to the device, you will hear the confirmation message
- The Alexa app will now take you to the next screen automatically.
- You will get the message on the screen “your device is connected now”. Click on “continue” after you will see this message.
- Within the app, you will see the list of all the available networks. Choose the one that belongs to you to complete Setup Amazon Alexa Echo Wifi.
- Wait for a while until the device will be prepared completely to Setup WiFi on Alexa Dot.
- Once it will be connected properly, you will be notified through a message.
Some Troubleshooting Tips For Your Alexa-Enabled Device
Even after trying all the steps if your Alexa Won’t Connect to WiFi. Follow the steps that have been given below:
- Let us tell you that the Alexa app is very necessary to Setup Alexa Echo Wifi. It is impossible to Connect Alexa to WiFi Without App.
- First, try to fix the trouble by restarting the modem and your router.
- After trying all the steps, restart your Alexa-enabled device.
- After restarting the Alexa-enabled device, reset the device to factory defaults.
- Check the password of wifi. It may be possible that you have entered the wrong password.
- Update the modem or the firmware to fix the trouble.
- Put the device near the router. If you will place the device outside the connectivity range, you will end up facing Alexa Connection Issues.
- Make sure that you haven’ connected too many devices with the single wifi. If it is so then, then remove all the other devices and connect only the Alexa-enabled device.
In a Nutshell…
It can be said that the process to set up Alexa Echo To Wifi could be difficult if you are doing it for the first time. Although we have told you How to Connect Alexa to WiFi if you are still facing any issue then call us now.
We are having a team of dedicated technicians who are working day and night for you. Call them anytime you want for Connecting Alexa to WiFi.