Hey! We know that you have recently purchased the latest Echo device and you are looking to setting up Alexa Echo Dot. For a new Alexa user, it may be difficult to complete the Alexa setup this is why we have provided you this complete setup guide.
You can also take help from our technicians who are 24*7 available for you.
Quick Methods To Setting Up Alexa Echo Dot
To setting up Alexa Echo Dot, make sure that you have a good speed of internet connection, Alexa app on your smartphone, a perfect place near the router.
Let’s know all the troubleshooting methods in a little detail:
1. Download Alexa App To Your Smartphone
To complete the Alexa Setup, it is very necessary to download the Alexa app into your smartphone. Don’t forget, to download the Alexa app, your smartphone or tablet must have the ios 11.0 and higher, Fire OS 5.3.3 or higher, and android 6.0 or higher.
Your internet device should be working fine to complete the setup. Without proper internet connectivity, you can’t complete the Alexa Setup.
2. Plug The Echo Into The Power Plug
To complete this step you won’t require any special guidelines. Simply, unbox the Echo device and take out the power cable and then connect it to the power outlet. When you will connect the Echo device to the power outlet, you will see a blue light ring which means that Echo is connected.
Don’t rush, just wait until the blue light does not turn to orange. It means that Alexa is all ready to greet you. Soon, you will hear the sound of Alexa that she is ready to setting up Alexa Echo Dot.
3. Connect Echo Device To The Internet
As we have told you several times that without a proper internet connection you can’t enjoy the benefit of the Alexa app. This is why we have to connect the Echo device to the available internet network to complete Echo Dot Setup.
Follow the steps given below to connect Alexa To Wi-Fi…
- Downloading the Alexa app is a must to complete the Echo Dot Setup.
- Open the Alexa app and enter Amazon’s login credentials i.e email id and password.
- To proceed further, click on “get started”.
- Now, you need to select the name that is linked to your Amazon account. You can enter the name that you want or choose, “I’m someone else”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and then reach the Home page of Alexa.
- In the left upper corner, tap on three horizontal lines i.e menu button. Open the setting option.
- Tap on the option of “add new device”.
- From the option provided there, choose the name of the Echo devices provided there.
- In the app, you will be asked to plug the Echo device into a power outlet. After plugging the device into the power outlet, press and hold the given action button.
- Now, connect the Echo device to your smartphone’s wireless setting. When your Alexa app will be connected to your smartphone’s wireless setting, you will be transferred to the next screen.
- Choose from the networks provided on the screen you wish to connect the Echo device. Enter the password of the network.
- You will see the message on the app screen that your device is preparing.
- When your device will be connected to the internet, you will see the message stating that “your device is online now.
- Congratulations, you have now Setting up Alexa Echo Dot.
4. Talk To Your Alexa Device
Say the wake word of the Echo device. The default word of the Echo device is Alexa. You can also change the wake word of your Echo device. To change the wake word manually, open the Amazon Alexa app, and tap on “help and feedback”.
5. Give Any Command To Your Alexa Device
We would like to congratulate you that you have Setting Up Alexa Echo Dot successfully. Say the wake word of the Echo device and your Alexa will be ready to fulfill your commands. For any additional help, call the given Helpline number and our technicians will call you.
Call Us Anytime You Want!!!
In this guide, we have told you all the troubleshooting steps that are required to complete Setup Alexa. In case, you would face any kind of trouble then dial the given helpline number and our technicians will help to Setup Alexa Dot.
Apart from the Echo Dot Setup, our technicians are also available to fix any kind of issue. Call them anytime you want, our experts are eagerly waiting for your round the clock.