“Alexa, Turn on the lights please”!!! Yes, you can even control the lights of your house via Alexa. This is the only reason why a lot of people today are going crazy behind this amazing device. If you have bought this device and are trying to connect the lights of the house with Alexa then we are here to help you. In this guide, we will tell how to use Alexa to control lights with easy methods.
In case, you are looking for an immediate solution, then call us directly on Alexa Helpline Number. The team of dedicated technicians will resolve your issues in a very short period of time.
How To Use Alexa To Control Lights?
Follow the steps that have been given below to know how Alexa control lights. We have researched and found some of the easy steps for you.
- Download the Alexa app to your smartphone.
- Start the Alexa mobile application and tap on “add device”
- Make sure to connect Amazon Echo to Wifi.
- On the top right corner, you will find the “+” symbol, click on that and so as to add a new device.
- Click on “Add a device”
- When you will do the above step, a window will then pop up and ask you “what type of device you are setting up”? You will then see a number of brands and categories of devices.
- Either click on “light” or select any brand from the given option
- Let us take the example that you choose Philips Hue.
- When you will select the Phillips Hue, you will then be asked about the Phillips bridge that you are currently using. Actually, there are many light manufacturers that require any kind of hub, or we can say bridge to use Alexa to control lights. So make sure that you are having a hub.
- Select your bridge device
- After then you will be asked to connect the smart light to the Alexa device via Philips app.
- When you will connect Philips Hue to both apps, the press continues and enables Philips Hue Alexa skill.
With the help of the above steps, you have now learned about How To Use Alexa To Control Lights. You can now command your device “Alexa, turn on lights when I get home”.
Steps To set up a smart light group with Alexa
To add a smart light group with Alexa, follow the steps that have been given below:
- Open the Alexa app and click on the Devices tab
- Click on “+” to add the group
- From here, select the pre-defined group name
- Click on the next tab and select the device that you want to add with Alexa
- After you have added the smart light bulb, click on Next and save it
You can add more than one number of groups. You just have to say then, Alexa, change the bedroom light color to red. This is how to set up a smart light group with Alexa via groups.
Steps To set up a smart light routine with Alexa
Setup the Alexa device to smart light routing is one of the most interesting things. Don’t you find it awesome when all the light of your home will work according to routine? Yes, you don’t even have to give any command, just set the routine time and Alexa will take care after.
- Open the Alexa app and tap on “routines”
- You will then see the option to create a routine. Click on “+” and create the routine according to your need and save it.
- You will be asked to choose All Devices or Control Group. You can choose any of them and proceed with the process.
If anything Goes Wrong Then…
It may happen that you may face any difficulty while connecting Alexa with smart home light. Hence, while doing this, make sure to Connect Alexa to Wifi properly. Verify if your router is operating correctly or not. In addition to that, you can try to restart the router as well as your Echo device to resolve the issue of Amazon Alexa Connect To the Internet.
Alexa Toll-Free Number!!!
You will really feel so amazing when all of your smart home gadgets will run via your voice via the Echo device. Above we have already told you how to use Alexa to control lights. In case, you are facing any kind of issue then without even thinking for a while just dial our helpline number now.
We have a team of dedicated technicians who have years of experience. They can troubleshoot any Alexa-related issues in a very short period of time. We are not like other support providers who give fake promises. Our technicians will pick the call in just two rings. They know the value of customers and that is why they greet all their customers with proper love and care.