Today, Alexa is not just a simple technical device but, it has touched the heart of almost all users worldwide. From taking care of the security of your place to track your fitness, playing games, and much more, Alexa can do anything. With the help of the given steps, you will get to know How To Setup Alexa Echo Dot.
Before we move forward in the direction of Alexa Setup, it is very necessary to find a place to position the Echo device.
The Alexa-enabled device should be positioned near the router.
In addition to that, there should be fewer hindrances in the path of Alexa and the router.
Know-How To Setup Alexa Echo Dot Quickly
To Setup Alexa, you should have a good speed of internet connection, a smartphone, an Alexa app, and a little patience.
Download The Alexa App
- Download the Alexa app on your smartphone from the play store or app store.
- If you don’t have an Amazon account yet then create the one from the official website of Amazon.
- To create the account, open the current browser and search for Amazon, click on Sign up and fill up the requirement.
- Wait for one or two minutes and your Amazon account will be created.
- Open the Alexa app and enter the email id and password to log into the account.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions provided on your screen.
- On the Home screen, select “devices” given on the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Now, you will see three horizontal lines on the upper left corner, click on them.
- Click on the plus sign to add a device and to complete the Echo Dot Setup.
- You will then be asked to select the name of the Echo device you are having right now.
- From the box, in which you have received the Echo device, remove the power adapter and usb cable.
- Connect it to the power outlet and another end to the Echo device.
- Power On the Alexa.
- You will see the blue ring light which then is turned into orange when your device will be in mode. Just two more minutes and you will know How To Setup Alexa Echo Dot.
- Soon, the Alexa device will appear on your phone, select it.
- When the next screen will be opened, choose the wifi network to complete the Alexa Setup.
Connect Echo To WiFi
- You need to click on the wifi network that belongs to you. Enter the password and don’t forget to save it for later use.
- If you do want to connect your Alexa with the external speaker, select it from here. If you don’t want to connect it, skip the step.
- Choose the room in which you have located the Echo Dot.
- Congratulations! As you have completely known How To Setup Alexa Echo Dot.
If you are a new Alexa user then it would be difficult for you to add contacts or other things. Hence, continue your reading and get the solution for all of your queries.
How To Add Contacts To Alexa-Enabled Device?
After you have completed the Alexa Dot Setup, you may need to know how to add contacts to your device.
- First, you need to download the Alexa app on your device.
- At the time of Setup Alexa Echo Dot, you were asked to give access to the contacts. In case you didn’t give permission that time, open the app.
- Click on the contacts icon and follow all the prompts given on your screen to add the contacts.
How To Connect The Echo Device With A New Wifi?
If you have recently changed the wifi and want to connect with the new one, here are the steps:
- Open the Alexa app and choose to open the “devices”.
- Select the option of “Echo And Alexa”.
- From the given options, choose the Echo device that you want to connect with the wifi.
- If it is showing online, it means you are already connected to the internet.
- On the next screen, you need to tap on “change”. After doing that, follow all the instructions given on your screen.
In this guide, we have covered a variety of topics that includes How To Setup Alexa Echo Dot, how to connect Echo to Amazon Alexa, and how to add contacts to the Echo device. We hope that you have now come to know each and everything about the Alexa Setup.
Share with us if you are dealing with any kind of Alexa Issues. Our experts are sitting there to help you anytime you want.
You just have to call on the given number and they will settle everything in a short possible time.