Wondering for How to Connect Alexa To New Wifi? Don’t worry as we are at your back. We have researched and found one of the easiest solutions for you so that you can easily connect Alexa to wifi.
Don’t worry the process isn’t too hard but you have to be a little attentive.
Let us tell you that without a proper internet connection there is no use for Alexa. Yes, Alexa is just a body and a good internet connection is its soul.
We know that you are excited to listen to something from Alexa.
Wait for a while and start following all the steps in the same order as given to Connect Alexa to New WiFi.
To Connect Alexa To New Wifi, Follow These Points
Before connecting Alexa to a wifi network you have to look at the following points:
- You should have the name and the password of your wifi with good speed and range
- Make sure that you have already installed the Alexa app on your smartphone
- If you are connecting the wifi to a new device then the process is totally different from connecting to an existing device
This article is going to explain to you How to Connect Alexa to New wifi. In addition to that, we will also explain some of the troubleshooting tips along with what to do when Alexa Can’t Connect to WiFi.
How To Connect Alexa To New Wifi?
As we have already told you above that before moving forward the first thing that you have to do is, download the app from the play or app store.
It’s good if you have already downloaded the app, if not then do it now.
- Open the Alexa app
- Enter the amazon credentials and click on Sign in
- Click on the “get started” button now
- From the list, select the name that is being associated with your account or click on “I am someone else” and enters your name
- After this, you will be asked to give permission so as to get access to notifications and contacts. You can also click on allow or later
- In the upper left corner, you will find three horizontal lines on the home page of the Alexa app, click on that.
- From the drop-down menu that will appear, click on the setting option
- Now, tap on “add a new device”
- From the list that has been provided to you, you can now choose the appropriate device type that belongs to you
- You will now be asked to choose the specific model that you want to set up
- Now, connect the power cable to the Alexa device and turn the device On
- To turn the device On press the action button
- When the device will be turned on the light ring above the Alexa device will be turned to orange.
- Once the device will be ready click on “continue”
Via Wireless Setting Of WiFi
- Now, the Alexa app on your device will ask you to connect through a wireless setting of wifi
- Follow all the screen instructions and you will be connected properly with your device. Don’t worry you will hear a confirmation message for the same
- You can now see the confirmation on your screen
- The app will now show you a list of all the available networks. Now, you just have to connect with the network that belongs to you
- Now, you see the message of preparing your device message
- When you will be connected with the wifi network, you will see the message that “your device is online”
Is Your Alexa Can’t Connect To Wifi? Try These Steps
This is one of the most common issues that after a while due to one or other reasons the Alexa trouble connects with the wifi. Try these easy methods and your issue will be resolved easily.
Check the wifi
There are possibilities that you have a faulty network connection. It is because you are dealing with this issue.
Try to connect any other device with the same network to check if the wifi is working or not.
Contact your network service providers if found anything wrong
Place The Device Near the router
When you connect Alexa to New wifi or any other network, always make sure that you have placed the device within the wifi range.
Yes, check if you have placed the Alexa too far from the router.
It is also the possibility that you are connected to the wrong network.
You have entered the wrong password for the wifi.
Hence, check for your network and wifi password. Also, you can also check if you forget to pay the bills…
Update Alexa App
If you have tried everything but nothing works out for you then we are sure that you forgot to update the Alexa app.
So, open the app or play store and look there for the available update for your Amazon Alexa app. Click on Install and then check if the issue got resolved or not.
How To Connect Alexa To Wifi Without App?
If you really wish to connect Alexa to wifi without an app then make sure that you are connected with a fast-speed internet connection. After that follow the steps given below:
This is How to connect Alexa To New Wifi without the app
- Take your phone and go to the setting menu
- You can also drop down to the SmartScreen and click there on the icon of settings
- When the settings will be opened, click on the network menu
- From the list of available network, select the one that belongs to you by entering the password
- Refresh the list if you will not see the name of your wifi connection
In a Nutshell…
It can be said that it is really very important to connect the Alexa to a wifi connection. Above are have provided you with enough steps through which you can easily get connected with the network.
In case, you have tried the steps and still facing trouble for how to connect Alexa to wifi then,
Dial now the given Alexa Helpline Number.
The team of dedicated technicians that we have will resolve the issue in a very short period of time.