We know that you have searched the whole web to find How To Connect Alexa To Internet. Finally, you have found us, yes, we are going to tell you with all the easy ways to connect your Alexa to wifi.
If you are not having a good internet connection then you can’t use your Alexa device. Hence, before buying the Amazon Echo, you have to buy a wifi connection.
In this guide, we are going to tell you how to connect Alexa to wifi in some quick steps. So, you have to be a little focused.
Don’t worry, it will be so much fun.
Before Connecting Alexa To Internet, Make sure that:
- You should know the password of the wifi connection you are going to connect with
- Alexa app should be installed on your smartphone
- The process to connect the wifi for a new device is totally different to connect with an existing device
How Do I Connect Alexa To Internet For First Time?
We hope that you have already downloaded the Alexa app till now. If not, then we would like you to go to the app store or play store to download the app.
- When the app would be downloaded to your smartphone, open it.
- Enter the credentials of your Amazon account and click on sign in
- You will then be provided a list. Choose the name of your device and then click Ok
- If you want to change the name then click on “ I am someone else “ and then proceed further
- Click now on the start button
- Amazon will now ask you to access your contacts and notifications. This is necessary to Connect Alexa to WiFi, so choose either Allow or later
- When you open the app, you will find three horizontal lines on the top left corner, click on it.
- When you click on it, a list will be opened then. From that list click on “settings”
- Now, click on “Add new device”
- When you will do that, a list will appear. From that list choose your device name
- Now, you have to plug the device into the power source after proper unboxing.
- It is really very easy to do that, just connect the power adapter of the device to the Echo and power source.
- Now, press and hold the action until the light will turn to orange
- When the device will be turned on click on continue
- Now, you have to follow the instructions given on the screen to connect it to the smartphone
- Once your device will be connected to the smartphone you will be notified and the app will be moved automatically to the next screen
- To move forward click on “continue”
Connect The device to the available network
- When you will follow all the steps that have been given below, a list of available networks will be shown
- Click on the name of the network you want to connect with
- You will be notified once you will be connected to the wifi network
How to Connect Amazon Echo to WiFi to New Wifi Network?
Above, we have already told you all the answers to the question of How Do I Connect Alexa To Internet.
We are going to tell you How you can connect the Echo device to the new wifi network. Are you ready?
- Click on the menu icon
- Open the settings
- Click on the device settings and choose the device that you want to change the network for
- Now, click on change followed by wifi network
- It will depend on your device that the app will now ask you to connect via the smartphone’s wireless setting’
- Follow the screen instructions now and you will be connected with the new wireless
Alexa Can’t Connect To Internet? Try These Steps
There could be a number of reasons why your Alexa device is not connecting to the wifi. We will try to resolve the issue following the steps one by one.
Check your wifi
There are chances that you have connected the Echo device with a faulty network connection.
Let us tell you that without a proper internet connection it is impossible to use Alexa. Hence, check your wifi first and call your internet service providers if found anything wrong
Minimize the distance
Here, we are saying that you should place the Alexa near to the router.
It often happens that you have placed the Echo device far from the router. Hence, be sure to place the device within the connectivity range of the wifi.
Update Alexa App
If you haven’t updated the app for a long time then it’s time to do it now. To do so, you just have to go to the play or app store and update the app.
This will help you to resolve why your Alexa Won’t Connect to the Internet.
Restart The Modem
If you have tried all the above steps and are still troubling with the issue then follow this method.
You just have to take out all the wires and the power adapter from your router. Wait for a while and then reinsert the cables back to the router.
Say the wake word of Alexa to check if the issue got resolved or not
Check the wifi password
It may also be possible that you have connected with the wrong wifi network or you have inserted the wrong password.
Check the password and the wifi to which you have connected your Alexa device.
Smartphone and Alexa should be connected to the same network
Make sure that your smartphone and Alexa device are connected with the same wifi network. If not then it is obvious that your Alexa Won’t connect to wifi.
Above we have told you the answer to “How To Connect Alexa to Internet”. Apart from that, we have also told you how you can troubleshoot Alexa-related issues.
In case you have tried all the steps and are still troubling with any Amazon Alexa related issue then dial now given Alexa Helpline Number.
The dedicated team of technicians that we have will resolve all the issues in a short period of time.
So, don’t waste your time and dial the helpline number now.