There could be a number of possible reasons why your Echo Show Not Responding. Sometimes, it’s the microphone and bad network connection while other times the physical barriers are the main reasons why your Alexa Is Not Responding.
In this guide, we are going to tell you how you can easily troubleshoot when Echo Dot Not Responding. In case, you are thinking that you need some expert’s help then dial the given Alexa Helpline Number now.
Easy Troubleshooting Methods To Fix Echo Show Not Responding
When you have found that your Alexa Not Responding to Voice Commands, you should check the microphone button, network connection, physical barriers, Echo device placement, etc.
Don’t worry we will explain all the methods one by one. So, be a little attentive and follow the guide properly. Here are the troubleshooting methods:
- Connect All The Cables Properly
- Restart Your Echo Device
- Restart The Router
- Check Your Internet Connectivity
- Check The Microphone Button Of Echo Device
- Connect Echo And Smartphone With Same Wifi Network
- Move The Echo Device Close To The Router
- Reset Echo Device To Factory Defaults
Connect All The Cables Properly
The very first thing that you should do is to check all the cables while facing the issue of Alexa Does Not Respond. It happens most of the time that we forget to connect the cables properly.
So, it’s your responsibility to check all the cables. Sometimes, the loose cable connection while other times it’s damaged cables. This is why we want you to check each and everything properly.
Restart Your Echo Device
Sometimes, you don’t need to apply advanced troubleshooting techniques as a quick restart is enough. So, follow the steps provided below and complete the restarting process to troubleshoot Echo Dot Does Not Respond.
- To check if your Alexa device is working properly or not, check the blue ring light on the top of the Echo device. The blue ring light on the Echo device means that the Alexa device is working properly but not responding.
- To start the process of restarting, remove the power plug, and left it unplugged for at least 30 seconds.
- When the rebooting process will be completed, connect the power plug back to the power outlet.
- Wait until your Echo device will be connected back to the wifi back.
- When it connects to the wifi, you will get the welcome message. Say the wake word of Alexa and see if Alexa starts responding to your commands or not.
Restart The Router
Even after restarting the Echo device still your Alexa Not Responding then restart the router. To restart the router, turn off the router and then disconnect all the connected cables. Wait for some time and then connect the cables again. Turn On the router and check if your device starts responding or not.
Check Your Internet Connectivity
We would like you to suggest that connect your Echo to the wifi network connection instead of a mobile hotspot.
In case you have already connected the Echo device to the wifi then check the speed of the internet. There are chances that your wifi has stopped working properly. Let us tell you that without a good speed of internet connection, your Alexa will not work effectively.
Check The Microphone Button Of Echo Device
The microphone button of the Echo device should be turned ON. It happens most of the time that we forget to turn On the button and end up facing issues like Echo Show Not Responding.
When you have found that the red light on the Echo device turns to blue, it means Alexa is listening to your commands.
Connect Echo And Smartphone With Same Wifi Network
If you will connect the Echo and the smartphone with different wifi networks, you will end up facing the issue of Echo Show Not Responding to Voice Commands. This is why you have to check if you connected the Echo and smartphone with the same network or not.
For any external help, you can dial the given helpline numbers and our experts will be there to fix the trouble for you.
Move The Echo Device Close To The Router
Sometimes, we placed the Echo device too far from the router outside the connectivity range. This is the reason why you are facing the issues like Echo Show Not Responding or Alexa Is Not Responding to anything.
So, place your Alexa-enabled device a little near to the router. This will fix your issue and your Alexa will start responding to you back.
Remove All Wifi Congestion
It may be possible that you have connected too many devices with a single wifi network. This is why remove all other networks that are connected to your wifi. After doing so, say the wake word of Alexa and check if it is starting to respond to your commands or not.
Reset Echo Device To Factory Defaults
If you have found that your Amazon Echo device still is not responding to any of your commands then reset the device to factory defaults.
- From the upper side of the screen, scroll down the notification bar.
- Tap on the option of settings.
- When the new window will be opened, choose the “device options”.
- Now, click on factory defaults and reset the Echo Show to the factory defaults.
Soon after when you will do it, your device will shut down automatically and after some time it will restart.
Two Last Words…
Although, we have told you all the troubleshooting methods to troubleshoot the issue of Echo Show Not Responding. In case, you are still facing any kind of issue then do call us on the given helpline number.
We are having a team of technicians who are eagerly waiting for your call. They will first listen to your commands and then provide you the troubleshooting steps. So, don’t waste your time and let us fix the issues for you.