We know that you came here to fix the Echo Dot Red Ring Light issue. While using the Echo device you may have to deal with certain Alexa issues and Alexa Red Ring is one of them.
No doubt that Amazon has taken the level of AI to another level. With the help of the Echo device, you can control almost everything just by your voice commands.
But, sometimes the Alexa-enabled device stops responding to voice commands. In this guide, we are going to let you know all the troubleshooting methods required to fix the problem.
Why Echo Dot Red Ring Light Occurs?
First, you need to know the meaning of the Alexa Red Ring if you want to fix the problem from the root.
In the Echo device, each ring light has a special meaning and that was red ring light explains.
Although the Echo Dot Red Ring light means your Alexa is having trouble understanding your commands.
How To Fix When Alexa Not Responding?
If your Alexa Not Working properly, there are several ways by which you can easily troubleshoot the problem.
We are going to explain all the methods needed to troubleshoot why Echo Dot Not Responding or slow to respond.
1. Check The Microphone Button Of The Echo Device
It may be possible that you forget to turn on the Microphone button given on the Echo device. The red ring light on the Echo device represents that Alexa is not listening to any of your commands.
Enable the microphone button with the help of the steps given below:
- First, you need to verify whether the Echo device is connected to the power outlet or not.
- Turn on the device and check if the Alexa still shows red ring light.
- It may be possible that you forget to turn on the microphone button given at the top of the Echo device. Until and unless you will not press the microphone button, Alexa Not Responding to any of your commands.
- Press the microphone button and wait until the red light ring will disappear completely.
- When the red ring color will be completely disappeared, it means Echo Dot Red Ring Issue gets completely resolved.
2. Reset The Echo Dot Device
If you have found that the microphone button of the Echo device is turned ON and still Echo Dot Not Responding then reset the device.
To factory reset your Alexa-enabled device, follow the steps given below:
- To Reset Echo Dot, you must have a needle or paper clip so that you can press the reset button on the Echo device.
- You will have to press the reset button until the Alexa Red Ring light will turn to orange. The orange ring light means that your command to reset Alexa has been accepted completely.
- The orange light on the device will soon disappear. It means that the reset process is complete now.
3. Update The Device And The Firmware
It may be possible that you haven’t updated the Echo device for a very long period of time and this is why Alexa Not Responding to Voice Commands.
Steps to update the Echo device:
- On your device, open the Alexa Device.
- From the main menu, open the settings.
- Go to the section from the setting menu.
- From the list, choose the software version.
- Wait for the time until it will not search for the latest software version.
4. Your Internet Is Not Working Properly
If you are still facing the Echo Dot Red Ring issue then you must need to check your internet connection.
Until you will not connect the Echo device with a stable internet connection, you may have to deal with certain issues like Alexa Offline, Alexa Slow To Respond, etc.
Hence, you need to check the strength of the current network. To do so, connect your smartphone with the same network and play any youtube video at high quality.
In case you have found that your internet speed is very slow then you need to contact your network service providers.
Several times, the issues like this could be easily fixed just by a quick restarting. So, restart the router now.
5. Check The Volume Of Echo Device
Several times, the Echo device responded to us properly but we used to think that Alexa Not Responding properly. It is all because of the low volume of the Amazon Alexa-enabled device.
6. Restart The Echo Device
Sometimes the Echo Dot Red Ring issue occurs because of an internal problem. Hence, you can try to resolve the problem just by a quick restarting process.
So, turn off the Echo Dot and remove the power plug from the wall outlet. Now, you will have to wait for at least 40-50 seconds and then restart it again.
Turn on the Echo device again to check whether it has started working or not.
With the help of this article, we try to help you to fix the Echo Dot Red Ring issue. As we have already mentioned that the red light on the Echo device shows that Alexa is not able to listen to your commands.
Hence, you need to check whether you have turned On the microphone button or not. For additional help, you can call us directly on the Alexa Helpline Number that is available 24*7. All of our experts have years of experience in this field. So, you don’t have to worry about anything.