In this article, we are going to explain how to download Alexa, how to Setup Alexa, and how to connect Alexa to iPhone.
All the steps that we are going to explain are applicable for iPhone ios 11 and above. Hence, if you are having iOS version 10 or below, you can take help from our Alexa technicians by calling on a given number.
Alexa is a very smart voice assistant and it has a number of functions and you do much more than you think.
We know that you are very eager to use your Echo device. This is why we are going to let you provide how to connect Alexa to different devices.
Download Alexa App To Connect Alexa To iPhone
It is very easy to download and install the Alexa app on your iPhone. Repeat all the steps that have been mentioned below:
- Your iPhone should be connected to the internet connection.
- On your device, open the app store and search for the Alexa App For Mac.
- On the first result that will appear on your screen, click on “Get”.
Note: If you had the Alexa app before and you have deleted it now, click on the “download” button to get it again.
- Click on “install” and wait until the installation process will be completed.
- Congratulations as you have successfully completed the Alexa downloading process.
How To Setup Alexa On iPhone?
Soon after you will download the Alexa app on your phone, it’s time to complete the Alexa Setup.
- First, you have to click OK to give Alexa permission to get Bluetooth access.
- Now, you will have to create an Amazon account from the official website of Amazon to log into the app. If you already have an Amazon account, complete the login process to connect Alexa.
- You will have to confirm the name that is being attached to your login credentials.
- Alexa will then ask you permission to get access to your contact information and then send you the notification. If you don’t want to give permission now, click on “Later”.
- Click on OK and if you want to give Alexa to get the contact access or else click on Later.
- You will then be taken to the Home screen of the Alexa app. To set up voice controls, select “Tap To Talk To Alexa”
- Click on “Turn On” if you want to talk to Alexa on the go.
- Tap on Ok if you want to allow Alexa to get access to the microphone.
- Allow Alexa to use the location, so tap on “Allow While Using The App” or “Allow Once” or deny it.
- Now, test the voice assistant of Alexa. Your Alexa app will suggest you ask “where’s the nearest swimming pool”. Alexa will then give you a few answers.
How To Connect Alexa To iPhone And Use It?
Amazon made the Alexa properly so that even the Home screen of the Alexa will guide you properly on how to use it.
- Click on the “communicate” tab if you want to make a call to someone that is added to your contact list. You can even send the photos to other Alexa devices, make an announcement, or use the Drop-in feature after Connect Alexa to iPhone.
- If you want to read the kindle books, click on “Play” and also stream music from Apple Music, Spotify, and Pandora.
Here is how to connect Alexa To Spotify: https://www.smartechohelp.com/how-to-pair-alexa/
- If you want to add or manage the Echo devices that are connected to your account, click on “devices”. Click on “All Devices” if you want to get a complete list of connected Echo devices, Fire Stick, Fire Tablet, and other devices.
- If you want to Connect Alexa to any other device, click on “Add Device” by tapping on “Plus Sign”.
- Select on “Add Device”.
- Now, you have to search the hardware that you want to add to Alexa. You can even browse the brands or select the type of device from the given list.
- Follow all the prompts that are given on the screen to complete the Setup Alexa of connecting other devices.
How Do I Text Amazon Alexa From My iPhone?
If you want to use your Alexa to make a call, ask a question, order a product, and you don’t want to use your voice, in this case, you can use the text feature and control the Alexa from its app.
Here is how to do it:
- You just have to open the Alexa app and then tap on the “Keyboard” given in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- In the type box, you can enter the query and click on “send”. Alexa will start responding to your text immediately. In case Alexa Not Responding to your text, make sure you are connected to the internet.
- If you want to call someone, add that in the text and then tap on “send”. Soon Alexa will call that person.
- Use the text feature to add something to your to-do list, tap on “Send”. Alexa will confirm that item is added to your list.
How Do I Purchase Something From Amazon Using Alexa?
If you are an iPhone user, you must be comfortable with Siri. Let us tell you that when you connect Alexa To iPhone, it is simple as you are controlling Siri.
Hence, if you want to order something from Amazon Alexa will do that for you:
- Go to the home screen on the Alexa app and click on the three lines given at the lower-right corner.
- Tap on “settings”.
- Choose “Account Settings”.
- Click on “Voice Purchasing” and On the push button of “Voice Purchasing”.
- When you will Enable the purchase confirmation, you will be taken to the next screen, where you can set up all the security measures.
- If you wish, you can also set up a unique voice profile, tap on “Voice Profile”. Or else, you can also secure your purchase with a unique code. Simply tap on “Voice Code” and enter 4 digit code and click on “Save”.
At the end of this article, we just want to say when you Connect Alexa to any other device it could be difficult sometimes, But, on the home page of Echo, you will be given all the instructions.
Although, we have told you how to connect Alexa to iPhone, in case you have any questions then let us know. You can dial the given Alexa Helpline Number to talk with our technicians.