Congratulations! You have brought your home one of the best and the smartest devices. But, do you know how to do its setup? After getting the Echo device, the first thing that you should do is Alexa Wifi Setup.
Connecting the Echo device to the internet is sometimes tricky but you don’t need to worry about it.
With the help of this guide, you will get to know all the steps to connect the Echo device to an available internet connection.
Not only this but you will also be told about how to connect Alexa to wifi without app. Don’t you believe this? Don’t worry, just read this guide and get to know many things about the Echo device.
How To Do Alexa Wifi Setup Via Alexa App?
To Setup Alexa, it is very necessary to connect it with the internet. Without the internet connection, Alexa will not be able to fulfill any of your commands. No matter whether you ask Alexa to play your favorite songs or call someone. Alexa is able to fulfill all of these tasks when it will be connected with a good speed of internet connection.
To complete the Alexa Wifi Setup, download the Alexa app, open it and tap on “Devices”. Select the option of “Echo And Alexa” and choose the Echo device you want to connect to the internet. After doing that, tap on “Change” and then enter the wifi password.
- Download Alexa App: The first and the foremost thing that you would need to do is, download the Alexa app on your smartphone. You can easily download the app from the app store or the play store.
- Open The Amazon Alexa App: In the bottom right corner, click on the option of “Devices”. Choose “Echo And Alexa” on the next screen.
- Choose The Device You Want To Connect With Wifi: Now, you just need to choose the device with which you want to complete the Alexa Wifi Setup. If you have found that there is no listed device then go back to the “Devices” option and select the option of “All Devices”. If still, your device name doesn’t appear then you would need to reset again.
- Tap On Change: At the right of the network you will see the small text.
- Tap No: If your device is still in setup mode, you will need to press and hold the setup button given on the device. In case you are having an Echo smart speaker, you will see the orange ring light while doing Alexa Wifi Setup.
Put Alexa In Setup Mode
- Put Alexa In Setup Mode And Click On Continue: There are different Alexa-enabled devices in the market. Hence, you would need to check the action button that you should press. This button could be found at the top of the Echo device with a dot on it.
- Select Your Echo Device: If you don’t find your device in the given list then tap on “Device not listed” given at the bottom of the app.
- Select Your Wifi Device: From the given list, choose the wifi network that belongs to you. Enter the password to Connect Amazon Echo to WiFi.
- Wait For A While: You can smile now because you have successfully completed the Echo Dot Setup. You can now take the benefit of a number of Alexa features. Connect Alexa to smart home gadgets, set reminders, play your favorite songs, and whatnot.
Connect Echo To Wifi Without App
If you want to connect Alexa to wifi without the app then visit the official website of Amazon and sign into it. If you don’t have an Amazon account then create it now. On the website, click on “Settings”> ”Setup a new device” and then select your device. After doing that so, put your device in pairing mode and then connect it to the wifi. Select the new network and enter the password.
- Open The Official Website Of Amazon: Open the current web browser and then go to the official website of Amazon.
- Log In To The Website: With your email id and password log into the Amazon account. If you don’t have an account, click on the Create New Action button given at the bottom of the window.
- Click On Settings: In the left sidebar of the Window, click on “Settings”. In case you don’t see the option, expand the browser or zoom out on the page. Choose the option “Setup A New Device” jump to the next step.
Select The Alexa Device
- Choose The Type Of Alexa Device: From the given option, you need to check the type of Echo device to complete Alexa Wifi Setup.
- Click On Continue: When the next screen will be opened, tap on “Continue” and then plug your Echo device into the power source.
- Wait Until The Ring Light Will Turn To Orange: Wait for a while until the ring light will turn to orange light. It means that your device is in setup mode now.
- Connect To Network With Amazon-XXX Format: Before closing the browser, go to the phone or computer network. In case you are using a Window 10 to complete Alexa Wifi Setup, click on the wifi icon given at the bottom of the screen. If you are using a Mac then you will find the wifi icon at the top of the screen. In case of a phone or tablet, click on settings and go to wifi. See all the available networks and choose the one that belongs to you.
- Click On Continue: When your device will be connected to the wifi, your device says “Your Computer Is Connected”.
In this guide, we have told you all the methods to complete the Alexa Wifi Setup. Without the internet connection, there is no use of the Echo device. So, do read all the mentioned steps and get to know each and everything about the Echo Dot Setup. If you are having any questions revolving around your head then call us on the given Alexa Helpline Number that is available round the clock.