We know that you want to create an Alexa Smart Home Hub to control all the smart home lights. We have resolved your issue and are all ready with this complete setup guide. Although, we will tell you all the necessary ways to complete the setup. In case, you will face any kind of trouble in the process then let us know.
Our team is experienced enough to fix any kind of Alexa related trouble. This is why you don’t have to be worried about anything.
A Little Brief About Alexa Smart Home Hub
Alexa Smart Home Hub acts as the command center of your smart home. With the help of this, it would be easy for you to control all the smart home devices like a smart thermostat, smart light bulbs, and smart T.V all in one place.
Hence, with the help of Alexa Hub, it would be easy for you to dim the lights, adjust the temperature of your place, with the help of voice commands.
What Do You Require To Setup Alexa Home Hub?
It is required to enable the Alexa skills if you do want to control all of your smart devices. Also, you may have to download an extra app on your smartphone device.
For example: To connect your Philips hue smart lights to Alexa devices, you first need to download the app from your android or ios device. Don’t worry, you will be guided through all the necessary steps via the Alexa app.
There are no worries if you don’t have an amazon speaker, you can control all the smart appliances using the Alexa app for ios and android.
Let us tell you that there are many other smart devices made by third parties that also support the Alexa device. So, it is very required for you to know whether you have bought a smart home device that supports Alexa or not.
Steps To Pair With Echo Devices
To complete the Alexa Smart Home Hub you need to pair up the Alexa with the smart home devices. Make sure that you have connected the Alexa and smart home device with the wifi network. The Bluetooth of both devices should be enabled.
To pair the Alexa Smart Home Hub, you need to download the Alexa app first. To do so, follow the steps that have been provided below:
- On your smartphone, open the Alexa app and click on the “Devices” tab.
- Tap on the sign given on the top right corner, “+”.
- Tap on “add device”.
- Now, you just have to choose the device type from the list you want to set up.
- You will then get an option to choose the brand name of your Echo device.
- After following all the on-screen instructions, tap on “discover devices”.
- Tap on the setup up device.
- If you want to add your device to any group, choose the group option or skip to the next step.
- Click on done.
- This is how you have successfully set up the Alexa Smart Home Hub.
What Are The Commands To Control Smart Home Devices With Alexa?
Soon after you have completed the Setup Alexa with the smart devices. It is very important to know how to control them with your voice commands. Below, we are going to tell you some most used commands provided below:
- Alexa, turn on [device]
- Hey Alexa, turn off [device]
- Alexa, what is my thermostat’s temperature?
- Hey Alexa, show my security camera
- Alexa, hide my security camera.
- Hey, Alexa set my lights to purple.
- Alexa, set my thermostat to cool.
- Hey Alexa, brighten my lights.
- Alexa, dim my lights.
- Hey Alexa, increase my thermostat by xx degrees.
- Alexa set my thermostat to xx degrees.
Quick Steps To Set up Alexa Smart Home Groups
This is for those Alexa users who have multiple smart home devices. When you have more than one device at your place, it is sometimes very confusing to control them. Below we have provided some of the methods with the help of which you can set up a smart home group easily.
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone and tap on “devices”.
- Tap on “+”.
- Choose the option of “add group”.
- From your group, choose a name and then tap on “next”.
- Now, you have to select all the devices that you make part of the group. Select it and then tap on “save”.
- Each time when you give any command to your Echo device, it will ask you. For example, you have made two groups, one for the hall and one for the bedroom. When you will ask Alexa to turn on the T.V, she will ask whether you want to turn on the T.V in the bedroom or hall.
- This is how you create a smart home group.
Two More Words…
In this guide, we have discussed how to create an Amazon Alexa Smart Home Hub. Alexa device is a smart voice assistant that is all ready to fulfill all of your voice commands. But, the problem is to complete the setup first. If you have read this guide and are still confused then our experts are ready to help you.
They are working with us for years and are always ready to fix any kind of issue quickly. You can call them via the helpline number given to you. We are 24*7 available to help you, call them anytime you want. They would be very happy to answer your call.