Sometimes, it is really very hard to find out the main cause of why Alexa Having Trouble Connecting To Internet. In some cases, it is the malfunctioning wifi, while in other cases, it could be an outdated Alexa app.
We can only fix the trouble when we find out the main cause. So, to fix the issue of Alexa Not Connecting to Internet, follow the methods and techniques given below.
Why Is Alexa Having Trouble Connecting To Internet?
A possible reason why Alexa Won’t Connect to WiFi could be your bad wifi connection, outdated Alexa app, the distance between router and Echo, too much crowd on wifi device, wrong Alexa Setup, etc.
Any of the issues discussed above can let you face many Alexa Connection Issues. To Connect Alexa to WiFi, you need to improve the mistake by minimizing the distance between the router and wifi, update your app, check your router, etc.
Let’s know How to Connect Alexa to WiFi and fix the trouble.
How To Fix When Alexa Will Not Connect to Internet?
We know that you are madly searching on the web for How Does Alexa Connect To Home Internet. Below, we are going to mention some of the best methods to fix the trouble. Here we go…
Basic Methods To Fix Alexa Won’t Connect To Wifi?
- Whenever you find that Alexa is having trouble connecting to internet, check your internet connection. You can’t blame the device without finding the real causes. Check your internet connection first, if found nothing then jump to the next step.
- In the technical world, it is believed that restarting any device is the fastest and easiest way to fix the cause. Hence, manually restart both the modem and router, wait for a while, and check. We hope that you have now connected with the wifi.
- After restarting the router, try to fix the trouble of Alexa Having Trouble Connecting To Internet by restarting the Alexa-enabled device.
- We believed that restarting is enough to fix the issue. In case, your Amazon Alexa still won’t connect to wifi, check the password of wifi. It may be possible that someone has changed the password but Alexa is unaware of it. Hence, it is trying to connect with the same old password.
Advanced Methods To Fix Alexa Connection Issues
- If you will put your Echo device far from the router, you will end up facing related Alexa Connection Issues. So, make sure that you have placed the Echo device within wifi circumference.
- It may be possible that there is some interference between the Echo and the router. Physical interference between the Echo and the router leads to many connection issues. Hence, this is why you are troubling with Alexa having Trouble Connecting to wifi.
- After trying all the steps given above, reset the device to the factory defaults. The instructions to reset the device can be found easily on the guide. Different Echo generations could have different methods to reset the device.
Once you will reset the device to factory defaults, you need to connect Alexa To wifi again. Don’t worry, we don’t let you face any trouble. So, follow the steps that have been given below.
How to Setup WiFi On Alexa Echo Dot?
To Setup WiFi on Alexa Dot, you just need to follow the steps that have been given below. Before removing ahead, we want you to download the Alexa app to your smartphone.
If you are doing the setup for the first time, follow all the steps wisely without jumping one to another. This is the only way to fix when Alexa Having Trouble Connecting To The Internet.
- Enter the name and id of Amazon to sign into the account.
- Click on the tab “Get Started”.
- From the list that has been provided, choose the amazon device that belongs to you. Or, choose “I’m someone else” and proceed further.
- Enter the correct name.
- You will then be asked to give permission to contacts and notification. Don’t worry, this step is not necessary, if you want then you skip to allow the permission.
- When the app will be opened, click on three horizontal lines, in the upper left corner. When you will see the drop-down menu, select the option of “settings”.
- Tap on“Add a new device” and continue to the next step.
- From the list provided there, choose the appropriate device.
- Select the model that you want to set up.
Connect Device To The Power Source
- Now, it’s time to connect the Echo device with the power outlet. So, take out the power adapter that came along with the device and connect it to the power outlet.
- When you set up the device, you will find that the light ring turns to orange.
- Click on the “Continue” button once you will find that your device is ready to setup.
- Follow all the instructions provided on the screen to Alexa Setup WiFi.
- Choose the network and then enter the password to connect it.
We have almost done to tell you all the essential ways to connect Alexa to wifi. Let’s tell you some important points again, don’t forget to download the Alexa app, you cannot connect Alexa to WiFi Without App. Place the Echo device near the router. Your device should be placed 8 inches apart from the wall. There should be no gadgets barrier between Echo and router like radio, microwave, etc. make sure that you have updated the Echo, your smartphone, and the Alexa app.
Few More Seconds…
We know that you are very happy as we have solved the trouble of Alexa Having Trouble Connecting To Wifi. All the steps that we have provided you are practically tested. Many of our customers said that they are happy to find articles like this.
Even after following the guide, if you have found that issue still not resolved, you can take our help. Contact us via chat or call process and our technicians will help you to fix the trouble. With their unique methods, they will easily fix the trouble.