We know that your Alexa Has Stopped Working completely and this is why you are looking a little tense. But, let us tell you that you don’t have to be worried because it is very normal to face such issues.
If your Alexa Not Working anymore there could be several reasons behind it like the microphone has been turned off, faulty internet connection, wrong placement of the router, and many more.
To fix your issue, first, we will let you know all the possible reasons. After that, we will let you know all the troubleshooting methods.
Possible Reasons Why Alexa Has Stopped Working
We think that your Alexa Dot Not Working because of some of the main reasons that have been provided below.
- Cables are not connected properly with Echo or router.
- Wrong placement of the Echo device.
- Your wifi router is completely down.
- Too much crowd on your router.
- The microphone button has been turned off.
- Alexa is not listening to you properly.
How Do You Fix When Your Alexa Not Responding?
At the time you realize that your Echo Dot Stop Responding to your commands or very slow to respond. You should try the methods provided below to fix the issue.
1. Check All The Cables Properly
In this case, you have connected the Echo device with the wired connection then check all the wires. It is because it could be possible that any of the cables are loosely connected. Or else, any of them is fully damaged now.
2. Check The Microphone Button
Till the time Alexa will not listen to your commands, she will not fulfill any of your demands. This is why we would like you to check the microphone button. In most cases, it happens that the Alexa user forgets to turn on the button. So, check your Echo device properly to troubleshoot why your Alexa Has Stopped Working.
The microphone button has been provided at the top of the device. Check the button and jump to the next step to troubleshoot it.
3. Restart Your Alexa-enabled device
Restarting any technical device is one of the best ways to troubleshoot the issue. Before you will start this process, press the volume up and down buttons with the microphone button together.
Even after applying the above method, if you have found that your wifi is still not working, try the below-given steps.
- If you will see a blue LED light on your Echo device, it simply means that your wifi is working fine but Alexa is not listening to you.
- The red LED light on the Echo device means that the microphone button has been turned off.
- Turn off the Alexa device and remove the power plug for at least a minute. After a minute, connect the Echo device with the power adapter and check if the issue of Alexa Echo Not Responding is resolved or not.
4. Hard Reset The Echo Device
In many cases, we have found that a simple reset won’t work to fix the issue. This is why we are going to tell you the steps to hard reset your Alexa-enabled device.
When you have found that your Alexa Has Stopped Working hard reset it with the help of the below-given steps.
- At the bottom of the Echo device, a reset hole is given. With the help of a pin or any other thin object press the reset button inside the hole.
- When you press the button, you will see a blue light which will turn to orange.
- Have some patience and wait until the device will not turn off and on again.
- Your Alexa is now in original factory settings.
- With the help of the Alexa app, complete the Setup Alexa process with the help of your smartphone.
After hard resetting the Echo device most of the Alexa users say that the issue of Alexa Does Not Respond fixed completely.
In case you still need any help then dial the given helpline number. Our team of experts will fix the issue in a short possible time.
5. Enable and Then Disable The Alexa Privacy
This is one of the effective troubleshooting methods when Alexa Not Responding To Voice Commands. If you are following this step then enable Alexa privacy by the following steps.
- Click on the Alexa button.
- When you will press the Alexa button it helps to enable the Alexa Now option.
- Click on the button and then complete the verification with the help of your voice.
With the help of the above-provided steps, you can easily fix the trouble when Alexa Has Stopped Working.
6. Alexa Is Not Understanding Your Language
It happens most of the time that Alexa doesn’t understand your language accent. So, just use the voice training tool before you give any command to your Amazon Echo.
- Open the Alexa app and then go to the settings tab.
- In the settings, you will find the option of a voice training tool.
- Tap on this option.
- You have to follow all the on-screen instructions now and read all the phrases. After doing this, Amazon Alexa will understand strat responding to your commands more effectively.
7. Place The Device Near To The Router
Even after trying all the steps if you have found that still, Alexa Device is Unresponsive, check the placement of the Echo device.
If you will place the Echo device too far from the router, your device can lose wifi connectivity. Due to the loss of wifi connectivity problem, the Echo will no longer respond to any commands.
Two More Words…
We are really hoping that you have completely troubleshot the issue when Alexa Has Stopped Working. This guide helped many Alexa users who face the issue like this. For any related information, you can call us anytime on the given Alexa Helpline Number.
Our technicians will provide you all the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. They are available just for you anytime you want.
So stop panic much and call the technicians now.