Have you recently tried to install your brand new Amazon Alexa device at home? Is your device showing Alexa Error 61103103? Don’t worry, this Alexa Echo Error 61103103 is nothing but an issue that arose because of the incorrect password entered during the initial configuration of the device. We are going to tell you to step by step how you can fix Alexa Echo error 6:1:103:10:3. Also, how you can rightly configure the Amazon echo device. Just follow the blog carefully to fix the issue in the easiest way possible.
You might also face other errors like Amazon Echo Registration Error, Error 10:1:108:0:5, Amazon Echo 7:3:4:0:1 Wi-Fi Error, Error 12:2:15:10:1, etc. For any such errors, contact us at Alexa helpline number without any hesitation.
Follow these steps to fix Alexa Echo error 6:1:103:10:3?
We have to jump direct towards the initial stage where you’ve made a wrong move. To fix Alexa Echo error 6:1:103:10:3 you need to configure the device properly and for this just follow the given below instruction carefully;
- You have to plug-in echo tool
- Then you have to open the Alexa App to initiate the setup
- You will see the tool option in the backside of the Alexa App
- You have to “Add Device” by selecting the plus sign icon ‘+’
- A message will pop up showing what device you what to connect
In case after connecting the device too if you see the same errors occurring in your device, then try to Alexa Echo error 6:1:103:10:3 by selecting the “forget this network” option. You have to re-enter the required wireless login credential and connect the Echo device again.
Try this out as well- Fix Alexa Error 6:1:103:10:3
If you want to look out for an alternative method you just need to remove the Wifi networks from the device you are not currently using. This will help in reducing the Wifi congestion. Then you can simply reboot both the Wifi and router and you will be able to fix Echo Error 6:1:103:10:3.
By any chance, if you are unable to perform the above-mentioned steps, you can seek help from our techies at Alexa Helpline number. You will be in touch with the highly experienced technicians who will assist you throughout to fix Alexa Echo error 6:1:103:10:3 issues.
How to setup the device to fix Alexa Echo error 6:1:103:10:3?
If your Alexa Not Working or if you want to fix Alexa Echo error 6:1:103:10:3, then you can try this Amazon Echo Troubleshooting method by initiating the setup process.
- The first step is to plug-in your Alexa to a power source. One your Alexa gets plug-in, a blue ring light will flash which eventually turns into orange light.
- After that, you need to have an Alexa app installed in your smart device then go to the next step. If you don’t have one, you can get it from the Play Store or iTunes and download it. You have to log in to your Amazon account. You can either create one or you can log in with your existing account.
- Now the question is- “How to Connect Alexa to WiFi”- So for this, you need to go to the settings of the Alexa App. Now select setup up a new device.
- You will find a list of available WiFi network and you can select your wifi network
Tips to troubleshoot problems for your Amazon Alexa
If your Alexa is not working, you can try to restart the device.
If you are severely facing problems with your Alexa device, you can simply go for a factory reset available on your device. You can opt for this option by going to the Alexa App.
- In the app, you have to select devices by going to the main
- Select Now choose Echo dot option
- Select Factory Reset option mentioned down
- Now confirm it to reset
You can also try Echo dot Speaker-Factory Reset to fix Amazon Echo Error
For Echo dot, 1st generation Get a paper clip or something similar to Locate the reset button, which will be a small hole near the base of the device. Hold it till the orange ring light doesn’t show up to reset.
For Echo dot 2nd generation
Press and hold the microphone off and volume down button together for a few seconds until the orange ring light doesn’t turn on.
For Echo Dot 3rd generation
You have to press and hold the right button on the top panel a few seconds to reset.
If all these steps are not being helpful, you can reach to the Alexa Toll-free number for support. The technicians will attend your call immediately and Fix Alexa Echo Error 6:1:103:10:3.