We know that you have brought Amazon Echo to your home. Excited enough to hear the voice of Alexa? But, you first have to complete the process for Alexa App Download Android.
Alexa is one of the smartest voice assistants today and you will get to know this once you will start using Echo.
If you think, it’s hard to download and install the app for your device then we are here.
In this guide, we will be going to explain the steps for the Alexa app Download Android and the installation method.
Are you ready???
Why does the Alexa App Download Android?
Some of you might be thinking about why they need to install Alexa Android App. we have found some of the best reasons:
- Call or message anyone you want via the Alexa app Desktop
- From any location, you can easily control smart home gadgets like light or check the thermostat
- You can also pair your phone with other Alexa devices so as to access the enhanced features
- Via Alexa Voice command skills, you can easily create your own skills
How To Download Alexa Android App?
To complete the Amazon Alexa App Download process, you just have to follow the steps that have been given below:
- Connect your smartphone with the internet connection and open play store
- Search for Alexa Android App and click on “install”
- Let the app download completely to your smartphone
- It’s good if you are having an Amazon account, if not then create the one via your email id
- From the list provided there, select the name or click on “I’m someone else”
- Now, it’s up to you if you want to give permission to the app to get the access for contact and notifications
- If you don’t want to give the permission to Alexa app then tap on “later”
- Tap on “Next”
- When you will get Alexa App Home Screen, explore features that Alexa can do
How To Customize Alexa For Android Phone?
To customize the Alexa app on your android device, follow the steps that have been provided below:
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone
- Click on “All devices”
- Tap on “Alexa on this device”
After this, you just have to follow all the instructions that have been provided on the screen. You will be asked to customize your region, preferred measurement unit, time zone, etc.
How To Use Voice Commands After Installing Alexa App?
If you want to use the voice command skill on the device then follow the steps provided below:
- Click on “speech bubble”
- Give Alexa app permissions to get the access to record your voice
- Click on Done
- To activate the app, you have to say something or ask anything to your Alexa device like,
- “Alexa, tell me a joke”
- “Alexa, tell me today’s news”
How To Make Alexa Android App Your Default Android Assistant?
It would be much easier for you to access anything from your voice if you will make Alexa your default voice assistant.
Follow the steps provided below to make Alexa App Download Android your default app.
- Open your android device and tap on “settings”
- Click on “apps” under the setting tap
- In the top right corner, click on “default app”
- Click on “Device assistance app”
- Tap now on “device assistance app” again
- Click on “Alexa”
And this is how you can easily make the Alexa app your default, Android voice assistant.
How To Fix Common Glitches After Download Alexa App For Echo Dot?
Although everything is best about the Amazon Echo device sometimes it starts showing some issues.
Common Alexa related issues:
- Alexa not responding to voice commands
- Amazon Alexa won’t connect to the internet
- Echo Dot is not connecting with other devices
- Alexa won’t connect to my Bluetooth device
- Amazon Alexa calling not working
All the issues that we have mentioned above are common and could be resolved easily. We have found some of the common troubleshooting steps to troubleshoot them.
Follow the methods one by one
Restart Echo Device
One of the best and easiest ways to troubleshoot the issue is to restart your device. To do so, simply turn the Echo device off and take out all the wires from it.
Wait for a while and then reconnect the wires again.
Check the wifi connection
If you have found that Alexa Not Responding To Voice Commands after Alexa App Download Android and installation.
In this case, you have to check your wifi connection. There are chances that your wifi is not working fine.
Go to the wifi and if found any red light on it then contact your service provider.
In addition to that, it may also be possible that you have placed the device too far from the router. Hence, minimize the distance between the Echo and the router.
This will definitely resolve the issue of Alexa Won’t Connect To Wifi.
Echo and smartphone should be on the same wifi
A very common mistake that people often do is, they forget that their Echo device and smartphone should be on the same wifi network.
Hence, if you are troubling with Echo not responding to voice commands then try this troubleshooting method.
Reduce wifi Congestion
If your Echo is not working fine then it may be possible that you have connected to any device with the wifi.
Disconnect all other devices and then try to give any command to your Echo device.
Restart Modem and Router
To resolve other connectivity issues, you can also try to restart the modem and router. To do so, turn off the router and then disconnect all the cables from it.
Wait for some time,
Connect the cables again and then turn the router ON.
Now, check if the connectivity issue with the router got resolved or not.
Update Alexa App
If you have forgotten to update the Alexa app in recent times then also you will encounter several issues.
Hence, Update Alexa for android phone via play store.
After updating the device, give your Alexa any command to test it.
We hope that you have resolved Amazon Alexa related issues by yourself now.
In a Nutshell…
It can be said that Alexa is really a smart device today. Once you will start using the Alexa, you will get addicted to it.
In this guide, we have told you the process for Alexa App Download Android and we hope that you have completed the process.
In addition to that, we have also told you how you can easily troubleshoot all Alexa related issues. Even after trying all the steps if you are dealing with any issue then call us via Alexa Helpline Number.