We know that your Amazon Alexa app can’t find Echo and this is the reason why you are here. While doing the Alexa Setup, you are facing several Alexa Issues. But don’t worry, as we are here to help you in this regard.
Without any doubt, it is clear that Alexa is one of the unique inventions of the 21st century. It comes with a variety of features via which you can listen to your favorite songs or control all the smart home gadgets.
In this guide, we are going to explain why your Alexa App Not Working and what you can do to resolve the issue. If you want to know anything else then dial the Alexa Helpline Number now and let our experts help you.
Why My Alexa App Can’t Find Echo?
If you have found that your Alexa App Can’t Find Echo then you may have not Setup Alexa properly. You may need to install the Alexa app again and disable the smart network to make your Echo device start working again.
For more help, you can dial the Alexa Helpline Number anytime you want. Our experts will resolve the Alexa Not Working issue in a very short time.
How To Fix When Alexa app can’t find Echo, Echo Dot?
If your Alexa Won’t Respond to the Echo device then do follow the steps that have been mentioned below:
1. Setup Amazon Echo And Alexa
- To complete the Alexa Setup, install the Alexa app on your Android or ios device. The app can be downloaded from the play store or app store. Then, plug your Amazon Echo device into the power socket.
- Once the app will be connected to the power source, open the Alexa app. You will be asked to sign in to your Amazon account with the help of an email id and password. If you don’t have an Amazon account, you would need to create one from the official Amazon website if your Alexa App Can’t Find Echo.
- You will then be asked to select the language from your screen. Then you need to wait for the orange light on the Echo. you will be asked to connect the Wi-Fi on the screen that will begin to set up the echo.
- Now, you will have to Connect Alexa To Wifi. Wait until the light will not turn orange. If there is no orange light on the screen then it means that your Alexa Won’t Connect to Wifi.
2. Reinstall the Alexa App
You can install the app again from the play store, app store, or the official Amazon website. After doing that, check if the issue gets resolved or if the Alexa app is not working.
3. Disable Smart Home Network
Try to resolve the issue by disabling the smart home network with the help of the steps mentioned below:
- On your Alexa app, open the device settings.
- Go to the wifi settings on your mobile device and uncheck the wifi option from there.
- Once you turn off the smart network option, go back to the Alexa app and check if the Alexa Not Working issue gets resolved completely.
4. Restart the Echo Device
Restarting the Echo device is one of the best ways to resolve Alexa-related problems. To perform this troubleshooting method, you just need to turn OFF the Amazon Echo device and remove the power plug from the wall outlet. After a while, reconnect the power cable again and check if the issue gets fixed or not.
5. Change the Date And Time
It happens most of the time that due to the conflicts between the date and time Alexa App Can’t Find Echo device. Hence, it is very necessary to change the date and time on your device.
What you need is to open the “Device Settings” and then go to the “Date And Time” option. From here, you can choose the option of automatic date and time.
If you don’t want to face the Alexa Issues then check your internet connection, move the Echo device close to the router and update the Alexa app. In this guide, we have mentioned all the troubleshooting steps if your Alexa App Can’t Find Echo. For more help, you can dial the given Alexa Helpline Number now.